Effective date: 21.10.2021
The terms listed below have the meanings assigned to them in the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation):
- Personal data means an identifiable natural person can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, etc.;
- Processing means any operation or set of processes that is performed on personal data, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation, or destruction;
- The data subject (or you) is an identified or identifiable natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, based on particular Personal Data.
You agree that EUICCI (subsequently referred to as “we,” “our,” or “us”) will be the data controller of your data and may collect, process, use, and save your data. Personal data includes the following:
- registration data: your name, login name, e-mail address, and password, third party account identifier (when used for registration), image;
- profile data: company name, address, your address, job title, and telephone number,
- billing data: name, company name, address, telephone number, and ordered items,
- technical data: log files, to include your computer’s IP address, browser version, pages you visited on our website,
- Communication data: messages (including which you submit via the contact form), wall posts, chat comments.
Use of the Data
We use your data for the following purposes:
- To provide our services. Our platform is designed as an environment where business professionals interact with each other during specific events. For this purpose, we process registration, profile, and billing data. For example, any profile data you provide to us may be shared with other users, and that your profile data will be made searchable by other users.
- Marketing. We use registration and profile data for promoting our service and network growth solely on our platform. For example, we may send you e-mails informing you about future events held on our platform.
- Platform functioning and developing. We use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and development to develop our platform further to provide you and others with a better, more intuitive, and personalized experience. For this purpose, we use your technical and communication data.
- For legal purpose. We may use any of your data when the applicable law requires processing.
Sharing of Data
Service providers. Our service providers act as processors or controllers around the world who provide – services and IT and system administration services.
- Our websites use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers. Our websites have IP anonymization activated so that your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened only on an exceptional basis. Google will use this information to evaluate your website use, compile reports on website activity for website operators, and provide other services to website operators relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google will not associate the IP address transmitted under Google Analytics with other data held by Google. You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software, but if you do so, not all functions of our website will be usable to the full extent. You may prevent Google from recording data by downloading and installing a browser plug-in available through the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- We may share data with our contractors and service providers, who act either as: (1) as processor or controller based in the EU but also around the world who provide – services and IT and system administration services or (2) acting as a processor or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- We share data with event organizers, who may act as processors or joint controllers based in the EU.
We may share personal data with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of business or assets.
We will never disclose or sell your data to third parties to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
The information we provide to you may be transferred to and processed on our servers or servers of third-party providers, which may be located outside the EU.
As far as the transmitting of personal data to a third party is not explicitly permitted by law, you agree that we may, if necessary, transmit personal data to law enforcement offices when relevant to defending against a governmental and public safety threat or the prosecution of a criminal act. Furthermore, you agree that we may transmit personal data to a third party if necessary and related to legitimate law enforcement or criminal prosecution interests. Data transmission is not required and will not occur if a preliminary legal or law enforcement proceeding can be initialized or has already been initialized.
Your Privacy Options
According to GDPR you have the following rights:
- Right to rectification. You have the right to request to rectify, without undue delay, any incorrect data about you.
- Right to limitation of processing You can limit the use of personal data processed.
- Right of access You may request a copy of personal data collected during the use of the platform.
- Objecting to or restricting the use of Personal Data. You can ask to stop using all or some portion of Personal Data or limit the use thereof by requesting its erasure as described above or sending us a request
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. You have the right to complain about a competent data protection supervisory authority.
- The right to data portability. You can receive personal data in a machine-readable format by sending the respective request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exercise of rights
To exercise your right to access, you have the right to send us a request. Upon request, we provide information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if the request is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We shall review and pronounce on the request within one month as of its filing. This period may be extended by further two months, if necessary, for example, if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. We shall inform you of any such extension within one month as of receipt of the request, stating the reasons for the delay. When you file a request by electronic means, the information is provided electronically, if possible, unless you have requested otherwise.
Upon filing a request by an authorized person, the notarized power of attorney must be attached to the request. In case of death of the natural person, his / her rights are exercised by his / her heirs and the certificate of heirs shall be attached to the request. The heritage should be confirmed by a respective certificate issued in the dead person’s jurisdiction.
Where data do not exist or their provision is forbidden by law, access of the requesting party to such data is refused.
Our platform is not for users who are under 18 years old. We do not knowingly process any personal data from persons under 18 years of age, and any such data shall be immediately deleted upon detection. If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has provided us with personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or requests regarding your policy, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.